Monday, March 10, 2008

closest yet most distanced.


...and the other wise. have u ever wondered how it actually make sense? i'm pretty sure almost everyone has felt like this before, the feeling of something amiss, with a little sense of lost and regret.

yesterday i was at the wedding dinner of my only godbrother, somewhere in a hotel in KL, its called Federal Hotel if i've not mistaken. i use to call him *stanley kor-kor* when i was still a kid at one point of time we were very close and he cares for me a lot. how i became his godsis? his mother was once my caregiver and she would love love love to have daughters as my godbro was her only child, only son. so both my parents agreed for me to refer her as my godmother.

throughout the dinner yesterday, i tried to recall things and events and stuff that occurred between both of us and the family...and i just realised that the memories are fading...and no that's not me and him (remembering the fact that we didn't have any photos together) as the memories are walking away i realise that he was one of the closest person to be that became the furthest one to be now. sad rite? that was my sense of loss.

i don't think we're counted as growing up together, its more like i grew up with him around...*until now i still have a really really ambiguous idea of his age* i remembered he went to London to further his studies in Oxford university, without saying goodbye and i was angry at him yet i kept asking my godmom when is he coming back...

the time he came back was the time we started to drift apart, as he gains more responsibility at work as an admin exec...we have literally never actually talk since, as everytime i visit the house, he was never in. since then, he became a stranger to me.


as i left their house at the age of 7 (i think) i was too, concentrating on the new life and pathway ahead of me in primary school, high school and now university. where i made new friends, and have new aspects of life to live with...that he, slipped off my mind. *i'm a lousy godsis i know* once in a while when i'm alone, i'd wonder how is he doing, and if he still remembers me.

the next time i hear about him from my godmom, is his marriage. i was stunned, literally. i dont know why. "he's marrying?" was what i could utter at that moment, in my mind i thought, my godbro is marrying. and i was invited to his wedding dinner. it was a grand one, they had so many creative ideas, and i find that he really adores his lady.

we couldn't talk much cos they were busy. lastly i just wanna say, he came across to me as a person who is patient (he never gets angry at me whenever i'm fooling around with him), respectful (especially to my godparents), and tidy (his room is always neat, although he had so many stuff). perhaps one of the thing that i should do when i missed out was getting to know my godbrother in person, better.

do u have anyone in ur life that u've actually missed knowing? that when u see them again that's when u realise things have changed? and the sight of them infront of u just landed u in the land of lost words?

closest at one point, most distanced at the other.
have this ever come across ur mind that it can happen to anyone that is closest to u?

appreciate them before u regret. its all i can say.





a hearty congratulations, to a

...
couple,
Stanley Lee & Joey Liew
may the life ahead both of u,
be blessed with happiness,
and love.
i'll try to search for a photo of him, if i've got any
and i'll update this post with em.
so keep this close to u =).

0 surprises!: