Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ladies!!

y did i ''yell'' for ladies in my title? pple especially need to becareful these days...especially ladies, here's something i encountered yesterday.


it was afternoon. about 3p.m something. i was waiting for a friend in KL Sentral. i sat somewhere nearby the deporting counter. i was reading a book and deciding to listen to some songs on my phone when this man approached me by sitting beside me.


he started by asking whether do i speak English, i was stunned at the moment so i didn't reply. then he went on challenging me by judging that i could not converse in english, i finally made a sentence out of my mouth and said yes i speak english. then he looked over to his friend sitting at the opposite bench and started talking to him, i find this fishy...like, choosing to sit beside me rather than by his friend's side when the seats weren't occupied? so the following conversation flows like this:


(while this man was talking to me, the look from his friend's expression made me feel like wanna slap him. word.)

him: so u speak english huh? where r u from? -he was polite so i didn't wanna be rude, y'know-

me: yes i do, and im from malaysia. -he's a foreigner-

him: oh ur from malaysia? r u a chinese?

me: yes im a chinese.

him: oh really? i don't believe it! -gah, like i give a damn-

ur really a chinese? so can u speak mandarin?

me: yes and yes i can.

(by this time there was another man approaching his friend at the opposite and they started talking while looking at me, so i start to suspect something fishy is definitely on)

him: -babbling bout something in cantonese and chinese which i don't understand at all-

me: -giving the look that i don't understand-

him: so r u working here?

me: no i'm not.

(he repeated this question like several times until i got fed up and said i'm still studying - which i think i said something wrongly cus he started coming on more provoking)

him: oh how old r u? -yeah as if-

me: 24

him: what's ur name?

me: -told the truth- and things got really uneasy within me here, i felt like running away but i needed an excuse.


so then i put myself on the phone and i called a friend, who got what i mean and guided me out of that situation...what freaked me out was...awhile after when i was on the phone, a big man walked near and approached the guy beside me (if u have noticed all along, it sum up to 4 men) before i decided to walk off without saying anything. ran to the counter that sells McD ice cream and waited there.
in my mind was full of possibilities that they could just nab me and there i go. scary!

so ladies, please becareful even in these public places. because ur opponent can always outnumber u. even if they act polite, please be alert, and sensitive. one of my friend also had similar experiences, while she was waiting for her train to seremban at the platform...when this girl out of nowhere tried to con her into following her to shah alam. also at KL Sentral. remember: it's always better SAFE than SORRY.

2 surprises!:

Anonymous said...

wow~
that was a very dangerous and yet scary condition man...
lol.. try to avoid not to speak to strangers.. didnt your mom taught you since you're a child? wakaka.. JK xp
-christine-

Anonymous said...

omg christine i know u dam sarcastic -_- yeah but she didn't teach me to be ignorant or rude to strangers wahaha...anyways im glad im still here loh...just so others also get the warning...u better becareful if u frequent these places k...

[jiun]